UPDATE: As of 16th March all club activities including field maintenance, friendlies and training have been postponed until further notice. Please follow all the official advice and stay safe.
In light of the Covid-19 (coronavirus) situation, Bristol Baseball Club is carefully monitoring advice from the Government and NHS on an ongoing basis to make sure we do the appropriate thing for our players and members.
We are also seeking additional advice from the sport’s governing bodies and the leagues we are part of and will keep you up to date about the situation.
We would ask you to also keep up with the latest information available on the government website https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public and the NHS https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
We ask everyone to take care of their health and protect others by doing the following day to day preventative measures;
• Wash your hands frequently and regularly.
• Refrain from unnecessary contact, if possible., e.g., shaking hands and avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
• If you experience any symptoms, (difficulty breathing, cough and fever), call 111. Do not go to a doctor.
• Don’t return to action until you are given the all-clear.
• Throw away any tissue after use, to prevent contamination.
• Don’t share water bottles at training or games.
• Clean and disinfect your own baseball equipment after use. The club will do the same.
• Practise good hygiene which mitigates any risk of catching the virus.
• Avoid travel to any countries where government warnings are in place.
Opening Day is scheduled for the 19th of April and we understand this will go ahead but we will keep everyone informed and up to date.
If you have any questions please contact any of the Directors – Richard Evans, Tom Rowe, Rhodri Theaker, Phil Midgley, Tom Hollies, Nick Ball, Molly Willcox or George Braeger via email@example.com